Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

106 and Rising...

Today I am feeling Kitchen Smug. I feel entitled to do so because yesterday I emptied ALL the kitchen cupboards (and cleaned them!) and was ruthless in my sorting out of EVERYTHING and my subsequent rearrangement of EVERYTHING and the fact I now have an empty cupboard and drawer! Bring on Christmas! I have space for Christmas!! Who mentioned Christmas? Not me....ssshhhhhhh......

Not only did I purge the kitchen, I went through my clothes, the dresser in the dining room and the living room sideboard. And all the book shelves. And I am pleased to report that my target of getting rid of 101 bits of 'stuff' currently stands at 106, and there are 5 bags awaiting delivery to the charity shop and a bin bag of unsalvageable 'stuff' in the refuse bin. It has been very satisfying.

At first I didn't think I was going to achieve anywhere near the magic 101, but once I discovered we had six spatulas (six! 6!! Who has 6 spatulas for heaven's sake? I've never bought a spatula in my life so goodness knows where they've come from) I started being really ruthless. We also had a surprising number of wooden bowls and duplicate size cake tins. How often am I going to bake two bundts at the same time? Never, that's how often. Cheery-bye, second bundt tin. Excess vases, too. Even less are needed now that I have flooded the house with green plants. I got rid of 14 items of clothes which are too big (no more keeping them 'just in case' I gain weight again - bad psychology, that), scarves (4), bags (3) and a small flower pot decorated with a desert scene. It once contained a teeny cactus approximately three inches high and an inch wide. That very same cactus is now seven inches tall and 5 inches wide and threatening to take over the bathroom window in a monster cactus way.

This morning, I sorted through more drawers and a stack of paperwork, most of which has been consigned to the wood-burner. It's just the studio, now, which needs a jolly good tidy up. I shall tackle that on Thursday because tomorrow I have a check up at the dentist (bleurgh) followed by a leisurely luncheon with a friend and ex-colleague who has also left teaching (hurrah!). We have a lot of catching up and chatting and putting the world to rights to do. And Father Christmas a.k.a Peter the Chimney Sweep is booked in for a date with the fireplace on Friday afternoon.

Christmas? Did I mention Christmas again??

Ssssshhhhh.....




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar