Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top 6 Tuesday: Nude Lipsticks

I've always avoided nude lipsticks because I thought they were pointless: I like color. But there are some days where I'm not feeling that boldness but I still want to look put together and polished. And that's where nude (My lips but better) come in. They feel feminine and timeless, and you can wear them on a casual day or pair them at night with a smokey eye, something you can't do with red lipstick or else you'll look too over done. Instead of 5, I chose 6. They are all drugstore because I wanted to experiment with them and see if they were right for me rather than shelling out $15+ (although high end makeup has the advantage where you can test before buying). For reference, I am NC 40 in MAC so I feel that these are the best shades for me. Can you tell I love Wet n Wild? They are matte (provided you exfoliate and put lip balm under) and creamy. There are so many shades to choose from too!


Lipsticks left to right, swatches top to bottom: Wet n Wild (Bare it All), Milani (Naturally Chic), NYX (Zurich), Wet n Wild (Coming in Latte), Maybelline (Touch of Spice), Wet n Wild (Just Peachy)

1. Wet n Wild (Bare it All): This is the shade that started my love and curiosity for nudes. It is the lightest one on this list. At $2, there was nothing to lose. So I wasn't disappointed. It also seems to be a dupe for a lot of MAC lipsticks (Honeylove and Velvet Teddy)

2. Milani Color Statement (Naturally Chic): Milani's Lipsticks have different finishes, and this one is a cream finish. So it's more comfortable on the lips. I like how this shade brightens up my face. It shows up lighter on my lips than on the arm though.

3. NYX soft matte lip cream (Zurich): NYX's lipsticks never disappoint me, and this certainly was no exception. Although I had a few misses in their nude department (such as butter lipstick in Snowcap and the soft matte in Stockholm...those were too light for me) this one shows well on my skin tone. It actually is more on the warm peachy side which I prefer. With these soft matte lip creams, make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized because they feel very comfortable! Otherwaise, they are drying and look like a hot mess.

4. Wet n Wild (Coming in Latte): This one is limited edition so I'm glad I snagged it before it was no longer available! This looks like a mix between Bare it All and Maybelline's Touch of Spice. You can see it on me here.

5. Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte (Touch of Spice): Ok, so this is the darkest of all the shades...but it is one of my new favorites and HG lipsticks. It's also a dupe for Gerard Cosmetics' 1995. It almost matches my skin tone but is a little bit darker. It's more of a fall shade but I will still wear this any time of the year. This is also the most popular shade in Maybelline's Creamy Matte collection.

6. Wet n Wild (Just Peachy): I like this shade for the spring or summer. It's subtle but bright. I would love to pair this with a coral brush or a bronzer.

If anyone has more suggestions for nude lipsticks based on my skin tone (drugstore or high end), please leave a comment! And let me know what your favorite is and why!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar